Are you looking to improve your video quality? Well, you came to the right place. This guide will show you how to upscale a video and increase the resolution.
You’ll also be able to enlarge a video to 4K, including old analog videos and 1080p to 4K.
Why Increase Video Resolution?
Some of you may remember watching old movies on analog CRT televisions. They had a resolution around 480i — pretty awful compared to today’s 1080p, 4K, and even 8K digital standards.
Watching videos with higher resolutions (more pixels) enhances the viewing experience. Videos are sharper, have more detail and contrast, and have less noise.
There are several apps that upscale or enhance a video’s quality, including video editing software like Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro. But it’s better to use software dedicated to enlarging and improving video quality. That’s why in this tutorial, we’ll use Video Enhance AI to upscale video.
How to Upscale a Video
1. Go to Topaz Labs and download Topaz Video Enhance AI (free 30-day trial).
2. Follow the instructions to install Video Enhance AI on Windows or macOS.
3. Open the Video Enhance AI app.
4. Drag or upload the video you want to upscale into Video Enhance AI.
5. Select video quality, video type, and video artifact type on the right (hover over for definitions).
6. Video Enhance AI will recommend an AI upscale model, or you can choose your own. You can also preview the upscale.
7. Select output size (you’ll want 1080p or 4K usually).
8. Click Start Processing.
9. The upscaled video will be available in the output folder (you can change the folder beforehand).
Why Use Video Enhance AI to Improve Video Quality
- Dedicated video enlarger and enhancer
- AI-powered, machine learning technology
- Upscale multiple videos at once with bulk processing
- Able to improve old interlaced (analog) video quality
- Noise reduction
- Can be used to enhance video only
- Upscale to 8K within reason
The only downside is Video Enhance AI is GPU intensive, and you’ll need a decent computer.
Related: Video Enhance AI Review