Are you a photographer looking to upgrade your camera without breaking the bank? If this sounds like you, then read on. In this blog post, we will look at some of the best budget DSLR cameras on the market to help give you an idea of what makes these models perfect for photographers who need quality performance but don’t have an unlimited budget.
We will also consider why it is important for photographers to consider upgrading their equipment to evaluate different budget DSLR options before investing in a more expensive model and discuss how each type of camera has its pros and cons that could make buying one over another beneficial. Get ready to dive into all the details so you can start mastering photography with the right tools.
What Are the Best DSLR Cameras?
1. Canon EOS 6D Mark II – Best Budget DSLR for Professional Photography
The Canon EOS 6D Mark II is a full-frame digital single-lens reflex camera featuring a 26.2 megapixel CMOS sensor, a 45-point all-cross-type autofocus system, and dual pixel CMOS AF technology to capture stunning images with exceptional detail and clarity.
It comes equipped with a durable body design that is dust and weather-sealed for protection even in the most challenging of environments. The camera also features Full HD video recording capabilities with digital 5-axis image stabilization to minimize the appearance of camera shake when shooting handheld video footage.
Additionally, the built-in Wi-Fi, NFC connectivity, and Bluetooth enable quick wireless sharing, control, and image transfer between devices for added convenience. It also includes a built-in intervalometer for capturing stunning UHD 4K time-lapsing shots. With its outstanding features and the power of a full-frame DSLR, the Canon EOS 6D Mark II is an ideal camera for professional photographers and videographers alike.
The best thing about the Canon EOS 6D Mark II is that it offers excellent image quality in both low light and bright conditions while being very affordable when compared to other professional-level DSLRs. Its durable body design also ensures that you can take this camera into almost any location without worrying about damage or wear.
Furthermore, its intuitive menu system allows you to adjust settings quickly without having to dive deep into complex menus, making it a great choice for anyone looking for excellent performance at a reasonable price. Whether you’re a professional looking for the power of a full-frame DSLR or an enthusiast just starting out, the Canon EOS 6D Mark II is the perfect camera to get you started. With its excellent features and unbeatable price tag, it is sure to be your companion on all of your shooting adventures.
- 26.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- The durable body design is dust and weather sealed
- Takes stunning photos in dark and bright conditions
- Full HD video with digital 5-axis image stabilization
- Articulating, flip screen great for shooting above or below eye level
- Lack of pop-up flash can be problematic at times
- No 4K or LOG shooting options are available
- Viewfinder coverage is 98%
2. Nikon D7500 – Best Budget Nikon DSLR
The Nikon D7500 is a high-performance DX-format DSLR camera that is designed to be a perfect combination of advanced features and affordability. The D7500 delivers impressive image quality with its 20.9MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 5 Image Processor. It’s capable of capturing fast action at 8 frames per second, up to 100 frames in continuous shooting mode, plus 4K UHD video recording at 30, 25, and 24fps frame rates, making it an ideal choice for sports and outdoor photographers as well as videographers.
The camera has 7 customizable settings so you can customize the look and feel of your photos or videos in real-time. With its tilting touchscreen LCD monitor and Multi-CAM 3500FX II 51-Point AF System, the D7500 allows you to shoot from a variety of angles with accurate subject-tracking capabilities in a variety of lighting conditions. With its fully weather-sealed body and built-in SnapBridge connectivity, you can transfer photos easily and control your camera remotely for an improved shooting experience.
The Nikon D7500 is an excellent choice for those who want to capture stunning images without breaking the bank. It’s the perfect choice for professional photographers as well as amateur enthusiasts alike. With its advanced features and affordable price, the D7500 is a great choice for anyone looking to get the most out of their photography. The Nikon D7500 will give you professional results with an amateur’s budget.
- Excellent image quality in both RAW and JPEG formats
- 4K video is great for capturing stunning videos
- A fast frame rate of 8 fps for taking action shots
- Large selection of lenses available for various shooting scenarios
- Built-in flash ensures you never get caught without a source of light
- No built-in stabilization system, so you’ll need an external stabilizer or lens if shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds
- No touchscreen functionality on the rear display
3. Canon EOS Rebel T8i – Best Budget Canon DSLR
The Canon EOS Rebel T8i is a great camera for both beginners and professionals. Equipped with a 24.1MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 image processor, the T8i offers excellent image quality, fast performance, and advanced features such as 4K video recording. The camera also supports UHS-II SD cards for faster data transfer rates and has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity for easy sharing of photos and videos.
Additionally, the T8i comes with an external microphone jack to record audio directly from the camera body, allowing you to capture high-quality sound when shooting videos or vlogs. With its intuitive touchscreen interface, customizable controls, and large viewfinder display, the Canon EOS Rebel T8i is an excellent choice for both budding photographers and experienced enthusiasts. It’s the perfect camera to help bring your creative vision to life.
The Canon EOS Rebel T8i also comes with a variety of features and accessories, such as EF/EF-S lenses, a lens hood, remote control, a tripod mount, a USB cable, and more. For added convenience, the included LP-E17 battery can be recharged via USB or a compatible charger. Whether you’re just starting out in photography or want the best camera for shooting stunning 4K videos on the go, the Canon EOS Rebel T8i has everything you need to capture beautiful images without breaking the bank. So get ready to take your photography and videography to the next level and start creating amazing visual stories with the Canon EOS Rebel T8i.
The Canon EOS Rebel T8i is truly a great camera for any photographer or filmmaker. With its excellent image quality, fast performance, and advanced features, it’s easy to see why so many photographers have made the switch to this model. For those looking for an affordable yet powerful camera body for shooting stunning 4K videos and capturing impressive photos, the Canon EOS Rebel T8i is an excellent choice. It offers everything you need in one convenient package so you can start creating beautiful visuals without worrying about breaking the bank. So get ready to explore your creative side with the Canon EOS Rebel T8i.
- 24.1 Megapixel CMOS image sensor with DIGIC 8 Image Processor helps capture sharp and detailed images even in low light situations
- 4K video recording capability that captures every moment in stunning detail
- Vari angle LCD screen gives you more flexibility to compose your shots from different angles
- Built-in WiFi and Bluetooth make it easy to share your content between compatible devices
- Compact design is great for traveling light and capturing stunning shots wherever you go
- No weather sealing or dust protection, making it less reliable in challenging environments
- Limited battery life compared to higher-end models
- Less customizable than professional DSLR cameras
4. Pentax K-70 – Best Budget Pentax DSLR
The Pentax K-70 is a budget-friendly DSLR that packs a lot of features for its price. It comes with an APS-C sensor, 24.2MP resolution, and 11 point autofocus system to capture stunning photos and videos in any lighting condition.
The camera also has 6fps continuous shooting speed and WiFi capabilities for easy sharing of media files. Its dustproof, weather-resistant body makes it rugged enough to take on the elements, while its advanced shake and dust reduction systems will help you get clear images even in low light conditions. With the included SMC DA 18‑135mm F3.5‑5.6 ED AL (IF) DC WR lens, you can easily adjust your settings to capture sharp images from a variety of angles.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced shooter, the Pentax K-70 provides everything you need to capture beautiful photos and videos with ease. With its price point and impressive features, this camera is sure to please any budget-conscious photographer.
- Low Light Performance: The Pentax K-70 features a 24.24 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor and an ISO range of 100 to 102400, giving you excellent low light performance even in extreme environments
- Built-In Shake Reduction System: The camera has a built-in five-axis Shake Reduction system which enables the camera to automatically adjust for movement, making it ideal for shooting in unsteady conditions and helping reduce blur
- Digital Filter Effects: The Pentax K-70 has a range of digital filter effects that allow you to customize your shots with creative options like Soft Focus, Toy Camera, and Retro Film
- Interval Shooting Mode: The interval shooting mode allows you to capture up to 999 images at intervals of one second up to 24 hours apart, giving you time-lapse capabilities without needing an external timer
- Weatherproof Design: The Pentax K-70 is designed with weather sealing around critical buttons and joints and is resistant to dust and moisture damage, so you can take it with you on your outdoor adventures without worry
- No 4K Video Recording: The Pentax K-70 does not have the capability to record in 4K, limiting its usefulness for users interested in capturing ultra-high definition video footage
- Limited Number of Autofocus Points: The camera offers only 11 autofocus points, which limits its effectiveness in low light and when shooting moving subjects compared to higher-end models that offer more focus points
- No Dual Card Slots: The Pentax K-70 is not equipped with dual card slots, meaning that if one card fails during shooting, the other cannot take over seamlessly, as some more advanced cameras are capable of doing
5. Canon EOS 90D – Best Budget 4K DSLR
The Canon EOS 90D is an inexpensive 4K DSLR that offers tremendous performance and image quality. With a 32.5-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor, the 90D produces clear images with deep colors and excellent low-light performance. The camera also offers fast burst shooting of up to 10 frames per second for capturing those fast-moving moments.
In addition, the Canon EOS 90D features Dual Pixel autofocus for quick and precise focusing in both stills and videos, Eye detection AF for portraits & selfies, 4K/30p video recording with Dual Pixel Autofocus tracking & Movie digital IS stabilization, Wi-Fi & Bluetooth connectivity, Creative Filters & HDR Movie mode, manual exposure control in the video, and a 3.2-inch vari-angle touchscreen LCD monitor to take shots from different vantage points.
All of these features make the Canon EOS 90D an exceptional choice for anyone looking for an affordable 4K DSLR camera. With its combination of performance, features, and price, the 90D offers great value to photographers at all levels.
- Powerful DIGIC 8 processor for faster and more accurate autofocus
- High-resolution 32.5-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor for stunning image quality
- High-end 45 cross-type AF points with Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology for faster and smoother focusing
- Up to 10 frames per second continuous shooting speed, perfect for capturing fast action shots or sequences of images
- 4K UHD video recording capabilities with clean HDMI output
- A vari-angle LCD touchscreen that is helpful when shooting from difficult angles or when using Live View mode
- Bulky body, which can make it uncomfortable to carry around
- No in-body image stabilization
- No weather sealing, making it more vulnerable to dust and moisture
6. Canon EOS Rebel SL3 – Best Budget DSLR for Beginners
The Canon EOS Rebel SL3 is an ideal camera for those wanting to take their photography to the next level. This DSLR (Digital Single-Lens Reflex) camera offers a host of features that make it accessible to both beginner and experienced photographers alike. With its 24.1 megapixel CMOS sensor, you can capture vibrant and detailed photos with ease.
You also have access to a wide ISO range from 100-25,600 to help create images in any lighting condition. The Rebel SL3 also has a Digic 8 image processor, which helps keep your images sharp and clear even when shooting in low light conditions or capturing fast-moving action shots.
Additionally, this camera supports up to 5 frames per second of continuous shooting, making capturing that perfect moment easier than ever before. Furthermore, the Rebel SL3 offers an impressive lineup of creative filters so you can add a unique touch to your photos and videos. To top it off, this camera is also incredibly lightweight and compact, making it easy to carry around wherever you go. If you’re looking for an economical DSLR for beginners that still packs plenty of features, the Canon EOS Rebel SL3 is definitely worth considering.
Overall, the Canon EOS Rebel SL3 is a great economical DSLR for beginners who are just starting out in photography and want access to all the features of a more advanced model without breaking the bank. With its 24.1 megapixel CMOS sensor, wide ISO range, Digic 8 image processor, and creative filters, this camera offers plenty of features to help you get started with your photography journey.
Plus, its lightweight and compact design make it easy to take anywhere. If you’re looking for an economical DSLR for beginners that still packs a punch, the Canon EOS Rebel SL3 is definitely worth considering.
- Lightweight and compact design for portability, making it easy to transport and store
- Offers a 24.1-megapixel resolution with an APS-C CMOS sensor for high-quality images and videos
- Comes with 4K video recording capabilities to capture life’s special moments in high definition.
- Features a phase-detection autofocus system that offers fast and accurate focus tracking even when shooting subjects in motion
- It has WiFi, Bluetooth, and NFC connectivity to quickly transfer photos and videos or connect devices without cables or wires
- Compatible with Canon EF/EF-S lenses, giving photographers the opportunity to create a wide variety of creative looks
- Does not have a touchscreen, which may be inconvenient for some users who are used to tapping or swiping to navigate menus and settings
- Battery life is short, with only an estimated 500 shots per charge when using the viewfinder and 300 shots per charge with live view mode enabled
- The autofocus system works better in good lighting conditions but performs poorly in low-light situations due to its limited sensitivity range (up to -0.5EV)
7. Nikon D850 – Best Budget DSLR for Wedding Photography
The Nikon D850 is the perfect DSLR camera for budget-friendly wedding photography. The full frame, 45.7-megapixel sensor, and a range of advanced features make it an ideal choice for capturing beautiful images with exceptional detail. It has a fast start-up time of 0.12 seconds, allowing you to capture those special moments quickly and easily. It also has an ISO range of 64–25600, which can be expanded up to 102400, providing excellent low-light performance for night shots or dimly lit indoor events.
Additionally, the D850’s 153 focus points cover nearly the entire image area, ensuring that your photos have accurate subject tracking and sharp focus no matter where your subjects are in the frame. Furthermore, the camera’s advanced autofocus system includes face detection and eye-tracking to ensure that the camera focuses on the subject’s eyes. Finally, with its built-in Wi-Fi capability, you can easily share your photos with family and friends so they can enjoy the special moments as well.
Overall, the Nikon D850 is a great affordable choice if you want to become a wedding photographer. With its advanced features and excellent image quality, you can capture beautiful images that will be cherished for years to come. So don’t hesitate; get your hands on this powerful DSLR today.
Related: Best Wedding Photography Cameras
- Extremely high-resolution sensor of 45.7 megapixels
- Great dynamic range with up to 15 stops of exposure latitude
- Capable of shooting full-frame 4K UHD video at 30fps and 1080p at 120fps
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC for easy wireless sharing
- 5 fps burst rate that can be increased to 9 fps with the optional MB-D18 battery grip
- Advanced autofocus system with 153 focus points and 99 cross-type sensors
- Expensive compared to other DSLR cameras in its class
- Limited native lens selection from Nikon
- Bulky body
8. Canon EOS 5D Mark IV – Best Budget DSLR for Video
The Canon EOS 5D Mark IV is an affordable and reliable digital SLR camera for videographers on a budget. It offers a full-frame CMOS sensor with a 24.2-megapixel resolution and full UHD video recording capability at 4K, which enables the camera to capture stunningly crisp stills and vibrant footage in any setting. The 3” LCD screen provides easy viewing of your shots, and its intuitive user interface ensures that capturing great images is a breeze.
Additionally, features such as 19-point autofocus, 4fps continuous shooting speed, and over 100 different lenses available make this camera suitable for a wide range of videography projects. With its lightweight design and durable construction, the Canon EOS 5D is a great choice for amateur videographers who are looking for an affordable solution to their shooting needs.
The camera also comes with additional features such as built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, full manual control, and Live View mode, which allow you to get creative with your shots. Additionally, the included battery pack provides extended use of the camera and can be used in low-light conditions. Last but not least, this model includes a warranty that covers any repair or replacement needs for two years from purchase — ensuring you can rely on your Canon EOS 5D for many years. All these features make it one of our top recommendations for budget-friendly digital SLR cameras.
- Robust and full-frame camera body with weather sealing
- High resolution of 30 megapixels
- Fast autofocus system with 61 points, 41 cross-type AF points, and 5 Dual Pixel CMOS AF points
- Comprehensive LCD touchscreen display with excellent image quality
- 4K video recording capabilities
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity for easy sharing of images and videos to a smartphone or tablet device
- Reliable battery life that can last up to 950 shots on a single charge
- Expensive compared to other cameras in the market
- Not suitable for sports photography as it has a slow burst mode of 4.3 frames per second
- No in-built image stabilization system
9. Nikon D750 – Best Budget DSLR for Wildlife Photography
The Nikon D750 is an excellent choice for wildlife photography. It is one of the most affordable full-frame DSLRs on the market, making it a great option for those just starting out in wildlife photography.
The camera has 24MP resolution and can shoot Full HD video at 60fps, giving you plenty of power to capture stunning images of animals in their natural habitats. It also offers a range of advanced features such as 51 autofocus points, ISO up to 51200, and built-in Wi-Fi for instant sharing and remote shooting capabilities.
Additionally, this camera comes with an impressive battery life that allows you to spend more time focusing on your shots without worrying about running out of juice mid-shoot. With its combination of affordability, power, and features, the Nikon D750 is an ideal choice for anyone looking to get into wildlife photography.
- 24MP resolution for clear, detailed images
- Full HD video at 60fps for smooth action shots
- 51 autofocus points for fast and accurate focus
- ISO up to 51200 for low-light shooting
- Built-in Wi-Fi for easy sharing and remote shooting capabilities
- Impressive battery life stays powered longer during shoots
- One of the cheapest DSLRs
- LCD display is fixed, not tiltable or touch-sensitive
- No built-in flash, which limits low-light shooting options
- Autofocus can be sluggish in some conditions
10. Nikon D780 – Best Budget DSLR for Product Photography
The Nikon D780 is a digital SLR camera designed for economical yet high-quality product photography. Its 24.5-megapixel CMOS sensor and Expeed 6 image processor provide outstanding performance in both light and dark shooting situations, making it ideal for capturing detailed images from any angle.
Additionally, its Video Snapshot mode allows you to capture up to 20 seconds of 4K UHD video clips with its advanced AF system. For aesthetic photography, the D780 also has a 3-inch touchscreen LCD monitor that lets you review your work in great detail. With an ISO range of 100–51200 (expandable down to 50 and up to 204800), the camera enables users to take stunning low-light photos with minimal noise or grain.
Other features of this camera include built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, dual memory card slots, USB 3.2 Type C port, and a durable magnesium alloy body that is dust and water-resistant. With its all-around performance, the Nikon D780 is sure to become your go-to digital camera for product shots as well as aesthetic photography.
So, go ahead and capture the world around you with stunning detail and amazing clarity. With the Nikon D780, capturing your product images has never been easier. Invest in an economical yet high-quality camera that can give you outstanding results. Experience photography like never before.
- 24-megapixel full-frame sensor with excellent image quality
- High-resolution 2.36 million dot viewfinder for a clear and sharp viewing experience
- Fast and accurate autofocus system for capturing fast-moving subjects
- Long battery life of up to 1,400 shots per charge
- Wi-Fi connectivity for easy photo sharing and remote control from a smartphone or tablet
- 4K UHD video recording capabilities
- Support for an external microphone and headphone jack
- Dual UHS-II SD card slots offer additional storage space
- Complicated menu system that may be difficult to navigate without prior knowledge of the camera
- No built-in image stabilization to reduce camera shake
- Expensive compared to other cameras in its class
- No touchscreen for easier navigation of menus and settings
- Limited control over video recording settings
- Smaller buffer limit when shooting continuously, which may be an issue for action photography
11. Canon EOS Rebel T100 – Best Budget DSLR for Vlogging and YouTube
If you’re looking for a cheap DSLR camera to take your vlogging and YouTube content to the next level, then the Canon EOS Rebel T100 is an ideal choice. This camera has all the features you need to get professional-looking videos, including a 24.1 megapixel CMOS sensor capable of recording 1080p Full HD video at up to 60 frames per second, as well as a 3.0 inch LCD monitor that can tilt 180 degrees so you can capture unique angles and perspectives.
There are also built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity options so that you can easily share your photos or videos directly from the camera itself. Additionally, this camera uses the popular EF/EF-S lens mount, which means you have access to a wide range of compatible lenses from Canon and other brands, giving you unprecedented flexibility when it comes to shooting. All in all, the Rebel T100 is an affordable yet powerful DSLR camera ideal for vlogging and YouTube content creation.
In terms of construction and design, the Canon EOS Rebel T100 has a lightweight polycarbonate body that makes it easy to transport without feeling too bulky or heavy. There’s also a robust grip on the front for comfortable handling during extended shoots. On top of this, there are plenty of customizable buttons so you can quickly switch between settings with ease.
Overall, the Canon EOS Rebel T100 is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a cheap DSLR camera that’s perfect for vlogging and YouTube content creation. The 24.1-megapixel sensor, tiltable LCD monitor, built-in Wi-Fi, and NFC connectivity, as well as the compact design, make this a great choice for any beginner or intermediate photographer. With the Rebel T100, you can easily capture stunning photos and videos without breaking the bank.
- Affordable price point for entry-level camera users
- Lightweight and portable build with an ergonomic grip
- 24.1 Megapixel CMOS image sensor providing high-resolution images
- Full HD 1080p video recording at up to 60 fps
- Built-in Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth for easy transferring of photos and videos
- Feature Guide mode allows photographers to learn about the features and settings as they shoot
- Creative Assist feature helps beginners add creative effects when shooting stills or videos
- Limited battery life lasting only 500 shots on a single charge
- No touchscreen LCD display like higher-end cameras
- No 4K video recording capabilities
12. Nikon D5600 – Best Budget DSLR for Astrophotography
The Nikon D5600 is a great budget-friendly option for astrophotography. This camera has a 24.2-megapixel CMOS sensor, allowing it to capture sharp images in low-light situations, making it an ideal choice for capturing stars and galaxies. The 39-point autofocus system helps ensure accurate focus even when shooting distant objects in dark settings.
Additionally, the ISO sensitivity range of 100–25600 allows you to achieve good results with minimal noise. The built-in time-lapse mode lets you take stunning star trail photographs with ease. With the optional ML-L3 Wireless Remote Control, you can trigger exposures remotely without having to enter the cold night air and risk dewing up your equipment.
With its lightweight and comfortable design, the Nikon D5600 is a great choice for beginner astrophotographers looking to get started without breaking the bank.
If you’re an experienced astrophotographer looking for more features, then consider pairing the D5600 with one of Nikon’s popular DX lenses. With these lenses, you can capture sharper images and make use of the camera’s “Live View” mode for precise focusing at night. The D5600 also has built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, so you can upload your photos directly to a computer or other device quickly and easily.
This feature allows you to share your work with friends or colleagues even when out in the field. All things considered, the Nikon D5600 is an excellent choice for anyone looking to get into astrophotography without spending a fortune.
- 24.2 MP DX CMOS sensor for capturing sharp, detailed images
- Lightweight and easy to use for beginners in photography
- SnapBridge app for sharing photos to smartphones quickly and easily
- Full HD 1080p video recording at 60fps
- 39-point autofocus system for accurately tracking your subject
- Built-in wi-fi and bluetooth technology for remote shooting and image transfer
- Articulating 3” LCD screen with touch controls
- Limited battery life of just 700 shots per charge
- No built-in flash or hot shoe mount support
- Small buffer/memory size of 16MB
- No weather sealing
13. Pentax K-3 Mark III – Best Budget DSLR for Filmmaking
This a great filmmaking kit for those that want an affordable yet professional-grade camera. The Pentax K-3 Mark III is a full HD video recording device designed to shoot high-quality videos and stunning stills with ease. It features an APS-C-sized CMOS sensor, which provides excellent color fidelity and detail capture in both photos and videos. With its wide ISO range of 100 – 51200, the K-3 Mark III performs well even in low light conditions. Furthermore, it has a 24-megapixel resolution to ensure you get the sharpest image quality available on the market today.
The Pentax K-3 Mark III also offers Dual Pixel Autofocus to provide fast and accurate focusing when shooting video. This is ideal for filmmakers who want to capture footage that is sharp and in focus. Additionally, it has a 5-axis image stabilization system which helps to reduce camera shake and unwanted blur when shooting handheld.
In addition, the Pentax K-3 Mark III provides a variety of video recording formats such as 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) at 24p/25p/30p, Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 50i/60i/24p/25p/30p and HD (1280 x 720) at 50i/60i. It also offers time-lapse video recording for those who want to create slow-motion videos with ease. The K-3 Mark III supports both SD and UHS-II memory cards.
Overall, the Pentax K-3 Mark III is an excellent choice for filmmakers who are looking for a professional-grade camera at an affordable price. With its impressive image quality, powerful autofocus system, and versatile video recording formats, this camera is sure to make your filmmaking projects shine.
- Uses a 26MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- Has an anti-aliasing simulator to help eliminate moiré in photos
- Features a fast and accurate autofocus system with 105 selectable points
- Offers up to 8 frames per second continuous shooting speed
- Equipped with 5-axis in-body image stabilization for sharp images even when shooting handheld
- Comes with dustproof and weatherproof construction for reliable performance in tough conditions
- Boasts an impressive ISO range of 100 – 102400 for low-noise shots even in low light
- Includes an articulating 3″ LCD screen that makes taking selfies easier
- Provides an ergonomic and comfortable design with an easy-to-navigate menu system
- Compatible with the Pentax lens family, as well as many third-party lenses
- Relatively expensive compared to other DSLRs in its class
- Limited range of 4K video recording options (no RAW format)
- No built-in Wi-Fi connectivity for sharing photos wirelessly
- Battery life could be better (approximately 310 shots per charge)
14. Canon EOS 5D Mark III – Best Budget DSLR for Bird Photography
The Canon EOS 5D Mark III is a versatile and budget-friendly camera perfect for bird photography. With its 22.3MP full-frame CMOS sensor, 61-point autofocus system, 6 frames per second continuous shooting speed, and ISO range of 100 to 25600 (expandable to 102400), the Canon EOS 5D Mark III is capable of capturing stunningly sharp and detailed images of birds in flight or perched on branches.
Its HD video recording capabilities with manual controls give you more creative flexibility when filming your feathered subjects in action. The body itself has weather sealing making it ideal for outdoor use without worrying about damage from dust or moisture.
In addition to its impressive features and functions, the Canon EOS 5D Mark III comes with a range of compatible accessories, including different lenses for close-ups and wide shots, flash systems, and wireless remote triggers. With these items, you’ll be able to customize your bird photography shooting experience for truly unique images.
The Canon EOS 5D Mark III is an excellent choice for budding photographers looking to get into bird photography on a budget. With its impressive image quality and range of features and functions, you’ll be able to capture stunning photographs or videos of birds in flight or perched on branches. Plus, its compatibility with a range of accessories allows you to customize your setup and create unique shots without breaking the bank. So if you want to take your bird photography to the next level, the Canon EOS 5D Mark III is a perfect choice.
- Offers a 22.3-megapixel resolution and a full-frame CMOS sensor
- Improved autofocus system with 61 AF points
- 6 frames per second continuous shooting rate
- Supports both JPEG and RAW file formats
- Uses Canon’s DIGIC 5+ image processor for improved image quality
- Includes built-in wireless capabilities for image transfer and remote control of the camera settings
- Expensive compared to other DSLR cameras in its class
- Limited battery life, only able to take approximately 950 shots on one charge
- Heavier body than similarly priced DSLRs, making it awkward to carry without a tripod or carrying case
15. Canon EOS Rebel T7 – Best Budget DSLR for Streaming
If you’re looking for a great budget camera for streaming and vlogging, the Canon EOS Rebel T7 is an excellent choice. With 24.1 megapixels capture resolution, an 18-55mm EF-S lens, and a 3-inch LCD display, this camera provides quality images that you can use to create professional-looking videos. It also offers an improved autofocus system with 9 points of focus and built-in creative filters so you can easily edit your videos.
Additionally, the Rebel T7 has Wi-Fi connectivity that allows you to quickly transfer photos and videos to social media sites or cloud storage services.
Finally, this camera runs on two AA batteries which makes it easy to take on the go. With its powerful features and portability, the Canon EOS Rebel T7 is an ideal camera for streaming and vlogging on a budget.
- 24.1 Megapixel CMOS Sensor, which delivers crisp and clear images
- Highly advanced autofocus system with 9-point AF, one center cross-type point, and AI Servo AF II tracking for capturing moving subjects with ease
- DIGIC 4+ image processor for faster performance and processing speed
- Full HD 1080p video recording at 30/24fps
- ISO range from 100 – 6400 (expandable to 12800) for low-light photography
- In-built Wi-Fi & NFC connectivity for remote shooting and direct sharing to smart devices & social networking sites
- Limited buffer capacity for continuous shooting
- Poor battery life compared to other models
- Smaller LCD monitor size (2.7-inch) compared to advanced DSLRs
- No articulated or swiveling screen, which makes it difficult to take certain shots
- Lacks some of the more advanced features, like 4K video recording, dual card slots, etc., that can be found in more expensive cameras
Tips for Buying a DSLR on a Budget
- Research online to compare prices and features of different cameras. Look at customer reviews, camera specs, and different price ranges to get the best value for your budget.
- Check out second-hand stores or online auction sites like eBay for great deals on used DSLR cameras. You may be able to score a great deal on an older model that still has plenty of life left in it.
- Consider buying a kit or bundle with extra lenses, accessories, and carrying cases included. Many stores offer package deals that provide additional savings when you buy multiple items at once.
- See if any friends or family members have lightly used DSLRs they’d be willing to sell you at a discounted price.
- Look for DSLR camera models that have beginner-friendly features and automatic settings to help you get started in photography without having to learn a lot of complicated details.
- Invest in high-quality memory cards with large storage capacities so you can store several photos and videos at once without running out of room.
- If you plan on purchasing additional lenses, try to stick with the same brand as your camera body for ease of use and compatibility with all your gear.
- Before making any big purchases, look for promo codes, coupons, or discounted gift cards to help save money on your purchase.
- Buy from reputable retailers or directly from the manufacturer’s website to ensure that you’re getting authentic products.
- Think of a DSLR purchase as an investment in your future hobby or career. With proper care and upkeep, your camera should last for years to come. Enjoy learning the basics of photography and take pride in creating beautiful images.
- Research lenses that will compliment your camera body so you can get the most out of your DSLR purchase. Some lenses are designed specifically with certain cameras in mind, so it’s important to read up on compatibility before buying anything.
- Consider renting a DSLR for a weekend or weeklong excursion if you want to test one out without making a large financial commitment right away. This can be a great way to figure out what features you need and whether or not a certain model is a right fit for you.
- Take advantage of free photography classes offered by your local library, community college, or camera store to learn more about DSLR cameras and how to get the most out of your gear.
- Talk with experienced photographers and ask them what they would recommend based on your needs and budget. They may have insight into deals that may not be widely advertised.
- Don’t forget to factor in extra costs such as tripods, lens filters, camera bags, and other accessories when setting a budget for your purchase. These items can add up quickly, so it’s important to research and plan ahead. Having the right gear can make a big difference in your photos, so don’t skimp on quality.
- If you’re buying online, read the return policy carefully and make sure that you can return or exchange if needed without any hassles. You may also want to consider an extended warranty for additional peace of mind in case something goes wrong with your new camera.
- Most importantly, take time to enjoy photography. Experiment with different settings and lenses so you can get comfortable with your DSLR before taking it out into the field to shoot more serious images. Have fun and explore all the possibilities a digital camera offers.
The best budget DSLR camera for your needs may depend on your level of experience, the features you require, and the amount of money you are willing to spend. While there is no such thing as a perfect budget DSLR camera, hopefully, this guide has helped you narrow down your choices to find the right one for you.
If you’re just starting out in photography, it’s probably worthwhile to invest in a beginner model; these cameras usually offer all the basic tools necessary for capturing stunning images without breaking the bank. As your skills progress and you need more advanced features, then upgrading to a mid-range or even professional-grade model might make sense.
Whichever path you choose, though, remember that at its core, photography is all about capturing the beauty of life – so don’t worry too much about specs and brands. Just have fun and keep shooting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a DSLR camera better than an iPhone camera?
The answer to this question depends on what you are looking for in a camera. DSLR cameras typically have better image quality and offer more manual control when compared to iPhone cameras. However, they also tend to be more expensive, and their bigger size can make them inconvenient for everyday use.
If your priority is getting the best quality images with the most control over your settings, then a DSLR is probably a better choice than an iPhone camera. But if convenience and affordability are important considerations, then an iPhone camera might be a better option for you.
Ultimately, it comes down to what kind of photography you want to do and how much you’re willing to spend.
Top 10 Budget DSLR cameras.
1. Canon EOS 6D Mark II
2. Nikon D7500
3. Canon EOS Rebel T8i
4. Pentax K-70
5. Canon EOS 90D
6. Canon EOS Rebel SL3
7. Nikon D850
8. Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
9. Nikon D750
10. Nikon D780
Do professional photographers use Nikon or Canon?
The answer to this question ultimately depends on the photographer and their preference. Some professional photographers prefer Nikon, while others may opt for Canon. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference and what each individual finds most comfortable to use.
Many professional photographers have tried both systems and can make an educated decision about which system works best for them. It is also worth considering that some lenses are only compatible with one brand or the other and so some photographers may be limited in their choices when using either brand. Therefore, it is important to research both systems before making a purchase.
Ultimately, whichever camera you choose should fit your workflow and provide you with the desired results. So whether you decide on Nikon or Canon, or any other brand of camera, just make sure it’s the right fit for you and your photography.