Last updated on February 24th, 2018
Creative travel blog names are catchy, cool, and easier for readers to remember. It’s also the first thing many people notice on a travel website or Google search results.
Getting your travel blog name correct the first time can save you a lot of hassle in the future: to avoid rebranding (a problem I encountered).
9 Best Ideas to Create a Cool Travel Blog Name
- Combination of words: My travel blog is a combination of two words: aperture and wanderlust. It points out my blog is about photography and travel.
- Play on words with your name: you need to be a bit clever or lucky with this one. My Dutch friend Lotte (pronounced Lotta) created Whole Lotta Lotte for her personal blog.
- Where you grew up or were born: London Nomad.
- Take a risk: Dirty Backpack.
- Something funny: Lost Latvian or No Limit Passport.
- Name of a famous movie, book, etc.: Indiana Jones meets Indiana Jo.
- Include a physical characteristic of yourself such as eye, skin, or hair color: The Blonde Abroad.
- Geographical terms: Tropic of Candice (instead of Cancer or Capricorn).
- Weather Conditions: Tsunami Scott or Suenami.
The Do’s and Don’ts of a Travel Blog Name
- Be genuine.
- Don’t use excessively long names. Shorter names are easier to remember for readers.
- The spelling should be easy.
- Make sure the domain is available.
- Don’t be boring.
- Make a list of travel blog names (with friends) and have your friends help you choose the best one.
- Don’t go overboard with SEO: tomstravelblog.com is bad.
- Use a thesaurus for synonyms of travel-related words.
- Try avoiding articles in your name. Facebook used to be The Facebook.
Hopefully, I gave you some great tips to come up with your own travel blog name. If you still need help with creating that perfect name, then contact me and I can help out – for free.