Luminar 4 can easily detect the sky in most images, create a mask in the background, and apply a new sky.
Replacing the sky can be completed in 60 seconds. Follow these steps:
- Open an image in Luminar 4.
- Click on the edit module.
- Click on the creative tool.
- Click on AI Sky Replacement.
- Select a sky image from the dropdown and apply.
- Now your image’s sky has been replaced.
In order to use Luminar 4’s AI sky replacement tool, it’s best to use an image that has a noticeable or sharp horizon. In other words, the area separating the sky from the rest of the image shouldn’t be blurry or hazy.
Also note that the sky replacement tool will not work correctly with images that have a reflection such as a lake in the foreground or glass-based skyscrapers. The sky will not reflect correctly.
For more information on Luminar 4, please read my Luminar 4 review.